Single Women Alone Together

'And don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there. God, not your marital status, defines your life.' 1 Corinthians 7 v 17 The Message

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Complete?

I have always found it really annoying when people refer to their partners as their 'other half'. Were they not a whole person before they met their partner? As a single person though, it does sometimes seem as though you are not yet 'complete' and will not be whole until you have met Mr Right and are married with 2.4 children. When you are surrounded by happy couples it can be hard to feel as though you fit in - it feels like you need a partner to match all the other people you're with. Well, I have been thinking something very exciting. Even though we are single, we are whole, we are complete and we live fulfilling and happy lives, and this is because of God. I remember writing down in prayer once the words 'I don't know what you want from me' and God answered 'You are complete in Him.' I think he really wanted me to know that I am a whole person living a whole life and the reason is because of Christ. If we are feeling unfulfilled, a boyfriend would not fill the void. Only God can do that. So I think a really good thing to do at times when you are feeling incomplete is pray. Ask God to fill you up with His Spirit and make you complete in Him. God will really be pleased to do that because He longs to be a huge part of our lives, and he yearns to be the One who completes us.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:50 pm, Blogger victoriacarmody said…

    That's so true...each of us are whole in Him, whether we are single or married...He makes life work...filling us with joy and love and hope...He desires to be with us!!! Check out Song of Songs - what a picture of our God who is in love with us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home